Waters Edge - Video Tests


Our little underwater camera died - completely - on our first dive in Antigua. So for my birthday, Kel gave me a GoPro and it has been busy recording our snorkeling, diving, and wetland adventures.  The problem, of course, is how to best load videos to the blog. Internet pirates don't often have high speeds. I'm trying three things in this post. First, I loaded a 720p video onto our YouTube account. It took 30 minutes. We can record up to 4K and it looks stunning. However, spending multiple hours uploading 250 megabit videos is tough for pirates who would rather be out there pillaging. Click the link to view the video. It should open in a new browser window.


Secondly, I uploaded a short clip of Kel on our last dive. This is direct from the GoPro. She's 100 feet below the surface of Douglas Bay in Dominica. The vase sponge she is checking out is big enough to sit in, though we would never risk damaging this beautiful, simple animal.  Sponges (Phylum Porifera) like this, are multi-cellular. They consist of unique cells that work together to perform life's functions but have no complex organs like kidneys, lungs, or ovaries. Scientists study the Phylum Porifera to understand how complex tissues evolved in animals. They hold an important place in the evolution of all animals and have been on this watery planet well over 500 million years. Sorry, I can't help myself. Sponges are part of our natural history.




As a third option, I embedded the video "Gwada Snorkeling" on this web page.  Let us know what works best on your end, and we'll follow that model moving forward.  It would be fun to share more video.

Comments

  1. I don't think I have your YouTube account, so I didn't check that one. But the other two worked fine on my end. Add more heavy breathing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts